Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

12/11/08

I Don't Know How to Cook





You have touched a delicate issue. I cook for my husband, and he likes my meals. But when I cook for company, I always ruin something. It's so bad that a friend asked me no to invite anybody to my house to eat.
I, however, know how to write recipes. To your right is one inpsired by Frida Kahlo's recipe book. It's published in my book Frida: Viva la Vida! Long Live Life.

I challenge you to write a recipe for Peace.






7 comments:

Christy said...

Your Frida recipe ¡es tan linda! Don't cook, just write.

David LaRochelle said...

What a beautiful recipe, Carmen. I love the idea of writing a recipe for peace, and the whole notion of writing recipes for things other than food would make for a great writing project with kids.

Edie Hemingway said...

Wonderful writing prompt, Carmen, and amazing recipe!

betsy woods said...

Frida, what immense company you have offered me this Friday morning. Grateful, grateful, grateful.

Mark said...

I concur with David's notion that an alternative recipe-writing project would be a blast with kids! A recipe for peace sounds good, too, though the tough part might be getting others to "try" it!!

Stephanie said...

Really cool, Carmen. And I agree with the others, what a great idea for kids.

Lauren said...

Carmen,
I love this recipe for Frida. Not only would this be a great writing project for kids, but also a wonderful writing exercise for me. Thank you-- writing a recipe for peace may be something I do with my family this holiday season.