Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

10/23/13

From My Studio Window

Outside the leaves are changing color overnight and falling faster than I wish with the coming of winter. I would like to hold onto fall awhile longer, but just today a few scattered snowflakes floated across my window. I am spending a lot of time in my studio this time of year. Writing begins at 6AM for an hour before getting my son up and off to school, then back to writing some more, then drawing. It is a fertile time and as fleeting as the last leaves on the trees. I cherish it as much as I cherish those leaves.

6 comments:

Edie Hemingway said...

Lauren, I love hearing about your daily work schedule. Fall is fleeting here, as well, with the current cold weather. Is that the profile of your cat looking out the window in the foreground?

Christy said...

Sounds so cozy! I'm impressed with your discipline and the creative rhythms in your life. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lauren said...

Hi Edie, it looks like a cat, but it is actually a little wooden horse that got very big in the foreground! Now back to writing!

David LaRochelle said...

I'm glad you are able to spend some quality time in your studio, Lauren. I love these fall days as well, and I want to be outside taking some brisk walks in the leaves before the ground is white.

john said...

Lauren, that's funny, I thought it was cat at first as well. This is such an amazing time of year with the first frost and then snow. Once the garden is finished for the year, I begin making the transition. It is a great time to work.

Stephanie said...

I thought it was a cat too! Yesterday was gorgeous, I'm hoping this hangs around a while:)