Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

12/2/12

I am jumping in here a little off course, but such is life.  In this season I am grateful for friends like all of you, family, and faith that changes as I grow older and hopefully wiser.  My husband is my rock and my son continues to amaze me with his maturity and capabilities.  I have a quote on my computer from a graduation speech that someone gave.  It goes, "Surprises, by their nature, come in disguise, masked sometimes as disappointments or detours when they're in fact dreams turning solid, if you'll just step aside and give them some air. Emerson instructs to 'mount to paradise by the stairway of surprise.'"  I like this message of letting go, accepting what comes your way, and believing that something good is wrapped up in the surprise just waiting to be discovered.

(I am the littlest one in the photograph of my dad, sister and brother.)

4 comments:

Christy said...

Dear Diane,
I like the hope in your message. My thoughts are with you in this "surprising" time.

Edie Hemingway said...

Diane,
What wise advice from both Emerson and you!

john said...

I love the picture and the way you are holding onto your dad. May you have some wonderful surprises during this turn of the year.

David LaRochelle said...

What a great quote, Diane. Thank you.