Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

1/25/12

It's a New Book! (part two)


I know that we are supposed to be blogging about book awards for this round, but I just received the final artwork for my new book, IT'S A TIGER! and wanted to share it. Jeremy Tankard's digital illustrations are so dynamic, colorful, and vibrant. I am very, very pleased! I originally sent an illustrated dummy of the book along with my manuscript when I sent it off to the editor, so I had a pretty strong idea in my head what I thought the images should look like. Now that I've seen Jeremy's terrific artwork, I can't picture it any other way.

The hard part will be waiting till this summer when the book is officially released.

8 comments:

john said...

IT'S A TIGER! I love the look David and I can see why you are so pleased. IT'S A TIGER!

Christy said...

Gorgeous! You can't help but want to pick this up.

Stephanie said...

It's so cute!

Laurie Miles said...

Wow. Vibrant is right, David! I was envisioning a tiger with more jagged lines but this rounded guy is perfect. I echo what you said--now I can't picture this tiger any other way. Can't wait to have the book in my hands!

Lauren said...

A perfect cover! I too can't wait to have this book in my hands!

Library Jewel said...

The cover looks grrrreat (as Tony the Tiger used to say on commercials)! I love how the images look with color and more detail added.

Mark said...

Very exciting, David! Reminds me of a conference I attended in which authors and illustrators collaborated on short projects. Some of the results were stunningly original, and I remember commenting on how it was a shame that the author/illustrator teams would not necessarily continue past the conference, at which point one of the presenters pointed out that a different match would produce a different result that might actually be even more impressive! Kind of like what happened with your expectations/original vision versus the artwork that resulted.

Also, knowing some authors who have been UNimpressed with illustrations for their work, I'm sure it must be even more exciting to know your work will enter the world accompanied by fantastic artwork. Congratulations!

Diane Adams said...

Love it! It's such a fun cover that you just want to pick up!