Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

10/10/11

Potato Update



Hmmm. How do I follow all of Edie's activities? You sure are an active bunch of potatoes!!! I do have a visit to a one room school house in Forest Falls coming up, as well as a speaking engagement for a teaching club on the Cal State campus. While my life is pretty quiet, my books are having a busy life of their own - two are being illustrated presently, and two more are being shopped around to editors. I'm working on another one that seems to have some potential, so the quiet life has not been too bad for me - but, I am eager to get out there with people again. Oh, I'm attending the Southern CA Council of Children's Literature luncheon in November, and I'll be teaching writing classes at UC Riverside in January. So, there you have it.


7 comments:

Edie Hemingway said...

Diane,
I love this picture of you with all the kids! Tell us more about what you're doing with them. And how great to have two books in the process of being illustrated and two more being shopped around!

Christy said...

Oh Diane, you're plenty busy! I know I need quiet to write or do art. Sounds like quiet is very productive for you.

Diane Adams said...

That photo was taken last September at a local school visit. The students all dressed up like Emily Pearl in striped tops and green shorts, so I looked out into a sea of Emily Pearls. They decorated the stage with roller coaster cut-outs of their Principal and teachers on a roller coaster ride, and I still have the life-size cut out of Emily Pearl playing the trombone while standing on her head. The real Emily Pearl (who's my neighbor, and who's in the front row of the photo), acted out the book for her classmates, while I read it in the background. It was a truly fabulous day that both Emily and I will never forget.

Lauren said...

Diane, the quiet time is essential for writing. You sound plenty busy in just the right way. I look forward to your forthcoming books!

betsy woods said...

Diane, your schedule sounds quite lovely to me. Great photo! I hope I will have the opportunity to meet you in person one day soon.

Diane Adams said...

Betsy, I look forward to meeting you too.

Isn't it funny that when you have one thing, i.e. - quiet, you want the other - activity?! It's a fine balance.

I do have activities planned for tonight though. I'm going to ding dong Halloween ditch my little neighbor Emily with some treats in response to her Halloween ding dong ditch at my house last night. It's fun to have young neighbors!!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like your life is anything but quiet:) Looking forward to your new books!