Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

6/20/09

Play Ball



Today I am in New York watching the sky. I am scheduled to sign books at a baseball game between the Staten Island Yankees and the Brooklyn Cyclones at this beautiful park on Staten Island. My friend Jordan Sonnenblick, who grew up on Staten Island and is a terrific author, will also be signing.

Here are details about the event:

http://www.silive.com/news/advance/index.ssf?/base/news/1245414631259320.xml&coll=1

The game is sold out, but we have one problem. It's is forecast to rain tonight. Not just rain, but pour.

So keep your fingers crossed. I hope we get to hear thoses wonderful words this eveing, "Play ball."

2 comments:

Christy said...

So jealous! We used to go to Cyclone games when we lived in Brooklyn--beautiful park by Coney Island. I'll wear my Cyclones hat tonight and cross my fingers that it doesn't rain.

john said...

It rained. No game. That's baseball. We'll get 'em next time.