Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

5/12/09

Harriet’s Had Enough!





I am eager for a copy of friend, Elissa Haden Guest’s new book, Harriet’s Had Enough! illustrated by Paul Meisel and published by Candlewick. The launch party is at Cover to Cover Books in San Francisco this Saturday at 10 am. Stop in, buy a book, say hello to Elissa, and get your face painted like a raccoon!



Elissa is the author of the award-winning Iris and Walter Early-Reader series. I wish I had discovered these books earlier. My daughter, Kate was in first grade when we uprooted mid-year after 9/11 and like Iris, moved away from the much-loved city. The first book of the series echoes Kate’s struggles precisely as Iris transitions to a new home. Elissa Haden Guest is always respectful and tuned in to the concerns of the early elementary school child. Her work has the sweet trueness of all the best friendship books, like Frog and Toad or George and Martha. I can’t wait to meet Harriet in Elissa’s new book!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It looks adorable!!

Edie Hemingway said...

I wish I were closer to San Francisco, Christy, but I'll look for it at this end of the country!

David LaRochelle said...

I'll keep an eye out for this book too, Christy, especially since Paul Meisel is illustrating a book of mine that will be coming out from Dutton in 2011 (I was very happy when they chose him for the illustrator!).