Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

1/30/09

Edie, Soup Man and me


Here's a fun picture of Edie, me and Soup Man on 42nd Street in New York. She's here for the SCBWI conference and I am here for a long weekend of appointments and fun. We jumped at the chance to talk spuds, so after we met at her hotel, we set off to find a place for lunch. We were headed towards Bryant Park when we  spotted Soup Man.

On a January afternoon, the soup was great and we enjoyed a wide ranging conversation between potatoes. I feel like we knew each other through the blog and websites, but it was great to meet in person. We also talked about ways that we could get more potatoes together for other events.

Okay, all you potatoes, let's work on setting up more potato connection.

5 comments:

Carmen said...

Lovely picture! Have fun.

Stephanie said...

Very cool! So glad you guys got to meet up:)

Mark said...

Warm soup on a cold day. Awesome!

Edie Hemingway said...

Hey, John and all...
I'm back home now, but it sure was good to meet up with a fellow spud. We had a great conversation and, as John said, I felt as if we already knew each other. Here's to more spud connections in the next year!

P.S. I also met Richard Peck, one of my favorite authors!

Lauren said...

I wish I could have joined you both for a bowl of soup. I look forward to spud meetings in the future!