Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

10/19/08

I'm a potato, too!


Seventh potato, here.

First, thanks to Stephanie for inviting me to be a member of such an illustrious group of writers/illustrators, and for setting up this blog.

I grew up in Fairbanks, Alaska, but currently reside in the hills west of Olympia, Washington. Until a few months ago I worked as a mental health therapist for children and families. Nowadays I’m (blissfully) “retired.” That means more time to write, read, visit National Parks, sail, wrestle our son, and wash the dishes. I also collect bookmarks and rejection slips.

My middle grade novel, Angus (about a pika trying to escape global warming), is currently making the rounds of agents and editors. Meanwhile I’m working on a new novel about a boy who starts a gold rush . . .

Glad to be onboard!

No comments: