Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

10/13/08

Up first: Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen








So I'm the first one up! (Here's me and our chocolate lab, Leilani.) This blog was an idea I had, and I was very lucky that everyone I approached was up for this group effort. I wanted us to represent different stages of a career in writing for children, and we've got a fascinating group. Some of us have written or illustrated books, some have done both. And some are still working on getting to that stage. So we all have different viewpoints on the world of writing for children.

Personally, my first picture book, Elizabeti' s Doll, was published in 1998. Since then, I've had several other picture books, won some cool awards, and even picked up an MFA in writing along the way. My first young adult novel The Compound (written as S.A. Bodeen) was released in May '08, and I have two more books coming out in '09. More info about my books, awards, and speaking schedule can be found on my website http://www.rockforadoll.com/

I'm married, have two teenage daughters, and will soon be moving to Oregon, where my husband is the refuge manager of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Looks like a chocolate world.

Sarah Blake Johnson said...

Hi.
Your group blog is great.
(I pass through OR about once a year, because my family lives there. Maybe we'll cross physical paths someday.)

~sarahcreate (my LJ name)