Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

10/14/08

Next!

After reading the other blogs, I guess I'm small potatoes, but I'm thrilled to be expanding my sights with this blog, a first for me. As a child, I loved to write and illustrate poetry, but never dreamed I'd grow up to be a writer and illustrator. It took many, many years to get to this point, and in my previous life I was a substitute teacher, a volunteer coordinator for a non-profit called Food For All, and an office manager. Now, in addition to writing, I'm pursuing a Master's in English, and loving almost every minute of it. I have a project due tomorrow!

I have a great kid, who's a college student now, and an equally wonderful husband, who's a high school teacher.

My books are Zoom!, illustrated by Kevin Luthardt, A Home For Salty, written by Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen, and I Can Do It Myself!, illustrated by Nancy Hayashi (due out in Spring 2009). It's been a great experience working with these three talented writers and illustrators, as well as the fantastic editors and publishers.

No comments: