Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

1/11/09

I, Diane Adams, resolve to...

I have long since given up on making New Year's Resolutions as I don't recall ever following through on one. They always involve losing weight, eating better, and exercising, while they never include eating more chocolate cake, sleeping in later or spending more money.

But with that said, I do like to have goals. I'd like to keep walking my dogs in the hills. I'd like to continue journalling. It'd be nice to spend more time writing and less time worrying about writing. And maybe I could be a little easier on myself in the perfectionism department. (I can already feel a loosening in that area thanks to the musings of my fellow Papas Calientes.) Balance seems to be the key here - to writing, to living, and to moving forward.

Still, maybe I'll give the resolutions one more try. I, Diane Adams, resolve to eat more of my favorite freshly baked glazed doughnuts (that have not touched my lips for way too long), and less of my Special K cardboard cereal for breakfast in 2009. Why I may even go so far as throwing some yogurt and fruit into the mix. And if I'm successful with this resolution, who knows what grand pronouncements I'll make in 2010.

4 comments:

Sydney Salter said...

I love your resolution!

Edie Hemingway said...

Diane,
I'd love to have one of your freshly baked glazed donuts! And walking your dog in the hills and journaling sound like good resolutions, too.

john said...

Go doughnuts.

Lauren said...

Balance is truly the key-- and glazed doughnuts are part of the balancing act.