Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

1/14/09

But One of the Ways Two-Thousand Nine Holds Promise By Betsy Woods

This year, 2009, holds promise like most beginnings. It holds a particularly unique quality as my birthday lands on the ninth day of the ninth month of the year. This is the second experience I’ve had with this; the first was in 1999. Then, in 1999, I remember thinking the year would bring some large particular change, something of significance would happen, good –or- bad. And things of life-changing significance did happen both wonderful and harsh.

Now that 2009 is visiting me, astral numbers playing with my birth date, I wonder what dreams may come true, and I wonder and hope for the strength to endure those things that challenge me. There is an awesome sense of balance in this that rings in my chest as I wander through this blog entry. It invites me to open my arms, wide and welcoming, and whisper yes.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Betsy! what a positive and open entry! Yes, open those arms-- I am certain there will be growth and wonders coming your way. Bravo!

Edie Hemingway said...

Betsy, I'm wishing you all good things on 09/09/09 and throughout the year!

john said...

Here's best wishes for a wonderful 2009 for you, Betsy. A celebration on 9/9/9 sounds like great fun. My birthday is 8/9 so I'm pleased to share the nines with you.

Stephanie said...

Here's to wonderful things for you in 2009.