Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

1/26/13

What 2013 holds for me...

I don't have a new book coming out in 2013, but I do have the exciting adventure of teaching at Spalding University's MFA residency abroad in Ireland during the month of July!  Half of the time will be spent in Dublin on the grounds of Trinity College, and the other half will be in Galway, including a visit to the Galway Film Fleadh, an international film festival.  When the residency is over, my husband will meet me in Ireland, so we can do some traveling on our own.

Right now I am in the midst of registration and preparations for our MD/DE/WV SCBWI Conference and 20th Anniversary Celebration to be held on March 23, 2013, and featuring award-winning author T.A. Barron, Caldecott award-winning illustrator Paul O. Zelinsky, author and co-founder of SCBWI Stephen Mooser, editor Jill Santopolo of Philomel/Penguin Group, editor Sylvie Frank of Paula Misner Books, a Simon & Schuster imprint, agent Ammi-Joan Paquette of Erin Murphy Literary Agency, and agent Evelyn M. Fazio of EMF Books, LLC.  This promises to be a truly inspirational gathering of speakers!  After this event, I will step down as Co-Regional Advisor for the region and, though I'll remain active within the organization, I will have more time to focus on my own writing.

And I remain open to whatever new opportunities 2013 presents to me...

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Edie! What an adventurous year you have ahead if you. I look forward to hearing more about your teaching at Spalding and in Ireland! The SCBWI conference sounds like a dream conference! Wish I could attend! And when it is over you get more time to write. Wonderful!

Christy said...

Edie, This is a year for you to soar! Congrats on the honor of teaching at Spalding, the opportunity to teach in Ireland, and on carving out writing time. Keep us posted on all these wonderful strands in your life.

john said...

Edie, those sound like wonderful opportunities for you. And the change of place in Ireland might be helpful in working through the loss of your father. Who knows what stories are going to emerge from your interesting year?

David LaRochelle said...

What an exciting trip! And what a grand way to take leave from being your regional SCBWI adviser. Your region was very, very fortunate to have you as their adviser, and you deserve some time of your own to write after all of your hard work for others.