1. My youngest graduated from high school. Definitely some tears, but also a sigh of relief that our days of K-12 education are over. She is on to be a Duck at the University of Oregon. ( As we are a Badger household, this has given rise to some conflict in terms of the impending football season.I did find myself cheering for the Ducks the other night though. It will be rough if they once again meet the Badgers in the Rose Bowl....)
2. I completed the sequel to The Compound as well as the equally painful first round of editorial revisions. I'm expecting the next batch of notes from my editor this week...
3. I got the contract for my middle grade series signed. The deadlines are wild: Book 1 due Jan 15, Book 2 draft due March 15, Book 2 final due June 15, etc. etc. Good thing I will have an empty nest.
4. My third YA novel The Raft was released August 21. We had a launch party at The Book Parlor, my local indie bookstore, and while I was in Minnesota on our family vacation, my family surprised me with this cake.
5. Another highlight was heading back to Lambeau Field for a Green Bay Packer game.