Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

1/16/12

Two Books for me

Am expecting two books out - one this year and one next year. We are busily tweaking the one that comes out this year - new title - I Want to Help - and new cover page. I'm waiting to see more sketches for the one coming out next year - Two Hands to Love You. The illustrator on Two Hands is new to children's books and I think he has a lovely, unique style that really makes the story shine. And of course, I love Nancy Hayashi, who is illustrating I Want to Help.

7 comments:

David LaRochelle said...

Congratulations on having two books to look forward to, Diane. I'm not familiar with Nancy's work. What are some of her other titles?

Edie Hemingway said...

Diane,
How exciting to have two books in the works! I'll look forward to seeing the covers and the actual books when they're available.

Christy said...

Yes, congrats! Nancy Hayashi did a great job on I Can Do It Myself!. I Want to Help sounds like a companion book, right?

I can't imagine being the author and waiting to see someone else illustrate your work. It must make your work new to you in surprising ways.

Lauren said...

Congratulations Diane! I agree with Christy-- it must be so hard to wait to see the art for your words. And exciting!

Mark said...

Very exciting, Diane! I imagine it must be a thrilling/nerve-racking time awaiting illustrations for your work. Good luck on your ongoing "tweaks"!

Diane Adams said...

I have them at home and cannot think of them now!! But, she did illustrate for one of my favorite authors, Cynthia Rylant. I love having that connection!!

Diane Adams said...

We are getting very close on I Want to Help, Edie. Yes, Christy, it's a school version of I Can Do It Myself. I truly have learned how to let go of ownership through this process of art directors and illustrators. It really is a team effort! My illustrators have been so nice that it makes the act of sharing the process so much easier. :)