Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

12/14/10

and the seasons, they go round and round



Part of the pleasure of tradition is experiencing the renewed hope cycles bring. I celebrate by creating calendars. I started years ago using handset letterpress type accompanied by single color linoleum cuts. I got a little fancy and added rainbow rolls for my linocuts. Eventually I began printing from my computer—sometimes black and white, sometimes full color on my snazzy Epson. This year my calendar features scenic details from my book The East-West House. I've created different versions in varied sizes. My mini-ones fit in a business envelope and will also serve as promo.

SPUDS, send me your address at christy@christyhale.com and I'll mail you a mini!

9 comments:

Edie Hemingway said...

Oh, Christy, I'd love one of your mini calendars with scenic details from your book! Doug, too, makes calendars with his photos. This will be our third year of a Misty Hill Lodge calendar!

Christy said...

Edie, trade ya!

Amy Timberlake said...

Oh my goodness those are GORGEOUS Christy! Love these!

Stephanie said...

Those are so beautiful:)

David LaRochelle said...

I agree, your calendars are GORGEOUS! What a treasured gift to give your friends.

Frequently I make my own Christmas cards (black and white linoleum prints that I then go back and hand watercolor) but this year I have been so busy that I've had to put that tradition aside. Hopefully next year.

john said...

Christy, these are beautiful. I will send my address pronto. Have a great holiday season.

Lauren said...

Christy-- what beautiful calendars! Such a great way to anticipate the new year and the cycles of the seasons revolving again. And perfect gifts. Thank you for the inspiration!

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

Oops! Just deleted a comment because of a typo -- didn't know it would show it as deleted....

What I meant to say in my comment was: I just sent my email address to you for a mini calendar, Christy. They look beautiful. Thanks for spreading the holiday spirit!