Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

5/11/09

Can't wait to read...




I have a good friend who drives to Canada whenever John Irving has a new book, because bookstores there release books a couple days earlier than in the US. Sound crazy? Well, there are definitely some books I would do that for, in theory. One I am dying to read is The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. A few years ago I picked up his novel Shadow of the Wind. Wow. Probably the best book I've ever read, definitely in my top five.

He is a Spanish author with several young adult novels, but they have not been translated into English yet. Although I read last year that would be happening soon. Until then, can't wait to read this one.




4 comments:

Christy said...

Tell me more about his work. What was the last story like? This is a pretty strong recommendation since his last books was your favorite. I'll look for that first book in our library.

Stephanie said...

Oh man, Shadow of the Wind blew me away. It is like a mystery for book lovers. This young boy is taken to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books and allowed to choose a book and... ( That's it, that's all you're getting)

Edie Hemingway said...

You're right, Stephanie, that's a great premise. I'll look forward to reading it!

betsy woods said...

ordering Shadow of the Wind now
thanks . . .