Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

4/5/09

Carmen and Lauren Potato

A week ago today, Carmen "Potato" and I had the pleasure of meeting in Portland, OR. for the first time! We had a wonderful breakfast together and if this delicious taste of one potato is indicative of what the rest of you are like, I cannot wait for all of us to meet in person! Carmen's new book, Diego, is a feast for the eyes and the words are beautiful! She gave me a copy, not even knowing it was my birthday! My favorite present! 
I loved Portland. I was there looking at colleges with my daughter, Ruby. She loved Lewis & Clark especially, thus I am hoping in a year to be able to visit Carmen again! In the mean time, let us begin to find a place for all of us to meet!

4 comments:

Edie Hemingway said...

How great that you two potatoes got to meet! I can't wait for all ten of us spuds to get together.

Christy said...

Wonderful! Wish I could have been there too--meeting new friends at my old school. Thanks for sharing this photo!

Diane Adams said...

oooh, I love Portland too. Any way we could get some sort of a gathering going up there?

I'm planning on attending the L.A. SCBWI Conference this summer. Are any other potatoes planning to attend?

Stephanie said...

Love the pic:)