Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

10/5/14

Gertrude Stein

I'm not sure if it's my turn to post.  Don't I follow Edie?  It just looks a little lonely on our blog, so I thought I'd check in.

With a few young children's books under my belt, my brain is asking me to work on something different, but I was surprised to find my mind wandering to Gertrude Stein (Oh, no, I'm rhyming again!).  She popped into my head when I was daydreaming at church today - don't tell the minister - and I've started doing some research on her!  I'm not sure if children would want to know about her, or why she made an appearance in my daydream, but I guess it's worth the time to find out. She's interesting to me, and I wonder if I can make her interesting to 4th and 5th graders.  What great company she kept!!

Here are a few photos of summer in Utah.  I think it's one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Chris rock climbing at Red Rock.

Scott and Chris at Zion.

Chris at Red Rock, feeling very proud of himself.  I won't tell you that behind him is a set of stairs and a bridge!!  :)


3 comments:

Edie Hemingway said...

Diane, I think you need to follow your muse wherever it takes you. And Zion is one of my favorite National Parks.

betsy woods said...

Diane!!! Good to feel a part of all of your good news. I think a book on Gertrude Stein would be incredible. I've read a couple adult books, such an interesting woman.

khuyen mai mobifone said...

Chương trình mobiphone khuyen mai mới nhất. Hướng dẫn cách nap tien mobifone online. Đọc truyen ngan hay online hay nhất.