Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

9/22/09

Riding the Roller Coaster!

My life these past two weeks has been a roller coaster ride--lots of highs with the release of ROAD TO TATER HILL, but also some emotional lows, including the disappointment of not finding the book on the shelves of my local Barnes & Noble or Borders. Then another "up" when I heard that a cousin found it on the shelf in Houston, Texas! I know there will be more ups and downs in the next few weeks as I head to North Carolina for a number of events. My comfort along the way has been my family (of course) and also my countless friends who have shown up at book signings and my launch party, have bought the book, and have helped to spread the word. Thank you so much!

A few weeks ago I posted the tale of the filming of the video book trailer for ROAD TO TATER HILL, written, directed, produced, and edited by my talented daughter-in-law, Mica Hemingway. I am happy to be able to post the finished version here on the One Potato...Ten blog. Thank you also to John and Alan Saunders for spending many hours filming in terrible weather, to John also for his work on the sound and color and voice overs, to Haley Eargle for being such a convincing Annie, to Eliza Muhler for providing Annie's voice, and to my dear friend Connie LaBrush for playing the part of Grandma. The instrumental dulcimer music is played by Larry Conger (with permission). If you love it as much as I do, you can find it on Larry Conger's CD "September on the MIssissippi" available through his website http://www.larryconger.com.

Before watching the video below, be sure to allow it to load completely by clicking on play, then click again to stop and go have a cup of coffee, tea, or glass of lemonade. By then, it should be fully loaded. Click play and watch. And please let me know what you think. Enjoy!


Road to Tater Hill from John Saunders on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I loved it! And the music is lovely.

Lauren said...

Edie,
I am having a hard time getting it to play without a lot of stuttering-- is it on Youtube at all? I can't wait to see your book. And I know exactly what you mean about all of the ups and downs when a new book comes out. Have a wonderful trip to NC.

David LaRochelle said...

Wow. Very impressive, Edie. Very professional. Having heard the challenges involved in making the trailer, it's all the more impressive watching it becomes it seems so seamlessly created. From the music to the acting, everything fits so well, and it makes me interested in reading your book...which is exactly what you want your trailer to do. Bravo to all involved!

P.S. It downloaded very easily for me.

Edie Hemingway said...

Dear Spuds,
Thanks for the feedback! There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to why it works for some people and not for others. We're going to try to shrink the size when we get home before posting on YouTube and my website, etc. David, so glad you thought it was all seamless! We lost a lot of footage that was filmed before the rain started.