Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

6/15/09

Distractions

I must confess that I am an expert at being distracted from writing. It's not the facebook or the e-mails, though. It's the kitty litter that must be changed immediately and the plants that have to be watered, as well as the floors that need sweeping and dishes that need washing.

This summer, though, it's going to be different. I have asked my husband to lock me in the computer room until lunchtime. I've got some good ideas to work on and nothing's going to stop me.

Of course the bookshelves in here are really dusty and my stack of papers need going through. The window could also use a good washing and the bushes outside the window are due for a pruning. I wonder if J. Crew is having any sales...

3 comments:

Christy said...

Diane,
You must spin straw into gold, locked in your room!

Distractions, ahhhh, soooo familiar! Seems to me the trick is just starting. I always get sucked in once I get going.

Diane Adams said...

Christy,
It's so true. Once I get started the time flies. The tricky part is getting those first few words or edits going.:)

john said...

I know exactly what you mean, Diane. Amazing how skilled we are at coming up with distractions.